Marine’s mother Mme Patricia saw my post about my favorite French things. She told me when I come over she will teach me how to make “salade de carottes râpées” (shredded carrot salad) because it is very simple! So here is the recipe from a French cook!
Before dinner Totoro become nervous. He feared that he would be on the menu! However, Mme Patricia showed him how to make a wonderful orange colored salad!
You will need:
Carrots (500g but you can use as many as you want)
Salt and Pepper
1. Peel the carrots. I think, she had about 500grams.
2. Shred the carrots- by machine it is fast! Put the carrots in a separate bowl.
3. In a small bowl, toss on a bit of salt and pepper (more can be added later for taste) and plop in some Dijon mustard (only can be Dijon) – about 1 or 2 spoon fulls.
4. Mix in olive oil till it becomes fluffy or thick but runny, like the picture.
6. Pore the dressing on the carrots right away and mix. If you want you can make more dressing, add more pepper or salt to taste.
Totoro was very happy not to be on the menu! The French often eat this salad as a first course! Personally, it could be my only course!
The yummy end!